Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Sunburn

For those of you that know me reasonably well will know that I sunburn VERY easily. So let me give you the five "Ws." [but not the "H" (I felt that the "H" was unnecessary because it would have been the same as "why"]

Who: Me (the very white kid)
Where: St. Paul MN, at Cascade Bay Water park
When: The middle of August (2009) for five hours
What: A sunburn that rated in the second degree ("normal" sunburns are usually first degree)
Why: I didn't put on ANY sunscreen for those five hours

It blistered on my shoulders, which made it very painful to even wear a T-shirt! All this happened because I was at my grandparent's house for a week for "Camp Grandpa." We were helping with their church's VBS which was that week. One evening after my blisters had developed, I was watching/playing with some of the 3rd graders (I was wearing my shirt!) when a wild little girl (I won't mention any names) jumped from behind, grabbing my shoulders and essentially ripping open my blisters. I ran to the bathroom to see the extent of the damage (it hurt so bad I was crying in there). There were big spaces of raw, exposed skin on both shoulders (it wasn't pretty). Anyway, Pictures!


At the water park, getting fried.

Eating watermelon (notice how close in color I am to the watermelon)

Well, you get the picture (literally!)


5 comments:

Esther Nail said...

Wow!! did not know you sunburn that much....

Farm Kids said...

nice. nice. see when I sunburn, i just turn brown--not RED!!:D

Zeke said...

Well good for you!

Gabe said...

Zeke I didn't know you where part Indian (redskin) Gabe

Farm Kids said...

i've never seen a red haired indian. Cool. guess that makes you a special indian.