Thursday, March 25, 2010

Reminisces From K - 2nd




Yup, that's me.

I was remembering some things that happened when I was in kindergarten. Oh, like the time I punched a kid in the nose. I did it because the teacher said that the younger kids needed to be in the front of the line so we didn't get separated form the group. Well, there were kids that were in kindergarten through second grade in that group. And the kid I punched was in the front of the line. AND, he was in SECOND grade. But I was supposed to be in the front, not him. I think I told him to let me get in front of him. But he didn't like that! So, I punched him in the nose (he was born premature, I think, so I was as big as him)!

Then there was "Future Friday" that year. That's the day that everyone dresses up as what they want to be in the future (we also had Twin Tuesday, Freaky Friday, etc.). Anyway, I wanted to be the President! So, I went to school in my suit! My friends "drove" me around in my "limo" at recess.

I also remember that in the second grade I was so proud of my automatic pencil (I think I was the only one in my class that had one). I also remember that when I finished my goals ahead of time, my teacher let me help some of the younger kids with their Social Studies (history) reading (I was a pretty good reader at that time).

At school, we got "Green Dot awards." You could use them to get all sorts of things. My friend and I often used ours to get an extra 15 min. after lunch to play pattern blocks!

Well, that's enough reminiscing for now. Here's a couple more pictures I scanned from year books (there's a lot of them! I think all the older girls on the yearbook committee thought I was cute of something!) ;)


Me and my Pre-K teacher, Mrs. Marconi, at the awards banquet.
Andy and I picking up trash.

5 comments:

Farm Kids said...

if only you could've stayed as cute as you were then...lol

well in all of my memories as a little kid, i may have hit a kid or two, but gee zeke, i never punched anyone!!! i guess some people never change. *scowl*
:)meg

Farm Kids said...

zeke, i must tell you. i spent like, 10 minutes "feeding your fish." i found it *extremely amusing* and entertaining. but i wanted to tell you, you see, because i fed them so much for so long, i may have killed a few...just saying. sorry. :{

Zeke said...

Liar.

Unknown said...

Who was the kid you punched? I never you had that type of mean streak in you Zeke, and I have known you your whole life. lol Hmmmmmmm! Now that part about using your GD to play games, I knew that. You are still good looking, don't let them tell you otherwise. Maybe they are just jealous of how cute you were as a little kid, and now are a handsome young man. Hmmm, maybe I am prejudice. Never! Just a honest, long time friend.

Zeke said...

It was Brandon White. And it wasn't a mean streak, I was just trying to obey...